Encouraging Excellence, Nurturing Talent
The King Edward VI Education Trust is a Multi Academy Trust and has DfE approval to act as a sponsor for both primary and secondary schools. The goal of the Trust is to work in a collaborative partnership with other schools to help:
- Provide support and guidance to schools to help fill the gap created by the
withdrawal of CfBT and the continued contraction of the Local Authority.
- Support all Trust schools on their journey towards Outstanding.
- Spread best practice in Teaching, Learning and Professional Development.
- Promote deep sustainable change to embed a culture of learning for staff,
pupils and parents.
- Work to promote enrichment and wider opportunities for children in the
Louth and Wolds area.
- Work with partner schools to provide strategic and operational financial
- Education should be a collaborative not a competitive experience.
- Louth schools should work together to prevent external Multi Academy Trusts or other companies
taking over education in Louth.
- Trust Schools must retain their individuality and control of their admissions.
- Trust Schools should retain their Local Governing Body.
- The Trust should keep its functions and central costs to the minimum necesssary to support its schools.
- The Trust is run by a Board of Trustees representing:
- King Edward VI Grammar School
- The King Edward VI and Almshouse Charity [The Foundation]
- St James' Church/Lincolnshire Dioceasan
- Lincolnshire County Council
- A Headteacher representing secondary Trust schools
- A Headteacher representing primary Trust schools
- A Chair of Governors representing secondary Trust schools
- A Chair of Governors representing primary Trust schools
- The Trust's core functions are:
- Strategic Development Planning and Self Evaluation
- School to School Improvement Services
- School wide Enrichment Coordination
- Site Development Planning and Site Support including IT support
- Strategic Financial Planning and Budget Monitoring
- Operational Financial Support for Budget Planning and Financial Control.
- Central HR, and Payroll support, advice and systems.
King Edward VI Education Trust
Lincolnshire LN11 9LL
www.keviet.org webdesign&hosting: King Edward VI Education Trust